Translate this site!

Monday, March 24, 2014

I'm Coming Out...

I thought we had come a long way since Loving v. Virginia until I heard that two high profile women Lanisha Cole and Tamera Mowry experienced backlash as a result of their interracial relationships. The backlash was primarily from African Americans which was especially disappointing.

With such a high percentage of unmarried African American women, why not look outside the box? And why blame them for doing so? Most important, why question the power of love which reaches far beyond race, culture or creed.

Perhaps there isn't an attraction, I will give them that. But for me that isn't an issue. I simply find myself attracted to Caucasian men. I have dated men of various races/cultures of course but somehow I cannot deny my attraction.

This picture below represents my "type". Put these guys in a blender and you have my dream come true! So there you have it, I'm out of the closet.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post!, you are absolutely right.
    I find my self attracted to all colors. When you see someone for who they are, color shouldn't play a part. What matters is the respect and how much, is he respecting you as well as your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sina! Thanks for sharing this post with us at The Swirl World. Your type is certainly my type + 10 years! ;-)

    I'm going to post your link and share it with The Swirl World.

    ~ASwirlGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also considered a cougar even though I don't look old enough to be one ;-)

    ReplyDelete